I choose not to observe the feast of the dedication, a.k.a. Hannukah, although I am aware of its mentioning in Yahchanan/John Chapter 10: 22.
I think it is a good thing that the people of physical-Yisrael were released from the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes, but seeing as it is a physical-Yisrael tradition, I see no need to carry on the tradition.
It is not expressed in Scripture that Yahusha ha Mashiach actually observed the festival itself or charged that it be observed, therefore I figure it is safe to abstain from its observance.
Seeing as Yahuah DID charge that we observe His Appointed Times, the Moedim mentioned in Torah, those are the festivals I pay attention to.
Maybe I have physical-Yisrael blood in me. I do not know, but even then, considering how much trouble and confusion man-made traditions currently plague the world, one would be better off lessening the margin of error.
Hannukah is as important to me as the fourth of July is.
A day of independence. Nice.
Necessary? I don't think so.
I can remember without lighting candles and fireworks.
To those who do observe Hannukah, I do not judge you and I love you all the same.
Just my personal choice.
Shalom.
No comments:
Post a Comment