AMANUAL or YAHUSHA???
There has been debate on the Name of Mashiach, whether it is "Emmanuel" or "Yahusha".
As with anything, we must go to the Scriptures and seek the council of YAHUAH for all matters.
"Amanual" or "Immanuel", in common translations, shows up only a few times in Scripture. (Isaiah 7:14; 8:8 and Matt. 1:23)
Some claim it is a name while others claim it is a defining trait or characteristic of Mashiach.
To the Scriptures!
First I must ask, why would the scribes not put 'Amanual' in Matt. 1:21 yet keep it in Matt. 1:23?
In Matt. 1:21 we see a Name that when transliterated with understanding from the Greek back into the Hebrew, we get "Yahusha" essentially.
It seems that the scribes understood what many others did, that "emmanuel" was not the name for Mashiach, hence what is written in verse 21. What else would explain this obvious discrepancy?
"Amanual" is understood to be translated as " 'Al' (mighty one, a title for Yahuah) is with us/dwell with us."
"Yahusha" is understood to be translated as "Yahuah is salvation/Yahuah saves."
Yahusha's Name points to Yahuah being salvation.
To explain the discrepancy in Matthew, Yahusha, was in essence Yahuah, AND He dwelt with us on earth hence, 'Alahiim with us'.
Yahusha's Name fulfills that Yahuah would be with us.
His whole life dictates that.
I do not condemn those using "Amanuwal", because it is not my place, but to what I understand, He who we are to call upon for salvation is YaHUaH.
When we call upon Yahusha, we are doing that, because His existence proclaims that Yahuah is the salvation. He is achad (one, in union, in same accord) with Yahuah.
Yahusha always pointed back to Yahuah having the power. YAHUAH sent Yahusha. Yahusha did not come all on His own. Although greater than the messengers/malakim of Yah, Yahusha was not Yahuah in His full esteem, but He was still Yahuah in the flesh.
It's all about YaHUaH!
Interestingly, "Amanual"-users mention Jeremiah 23 saying that "The Branch is NOT Yahusha".
A 'Branch of Righteousness' is mentioned being for Dud/David. It says that this Branch shall be NAMED 'Yahuah Tsadaqanu' or Yahuah is Righteous/Yahuah our Righteousness. (see Jeremiah 23:5-6) Why do we not call Mashiach 'Yahuah Tsadaqanu' which translates to "Yahuah is righteous"? Certainly this passage is speaking of Mashiach, yes? I do not see Yahusha nor Amanual.
Hmm...this can be confusing.
Could this possibly mean, passages where we see that someone shall be given a "sham"/name, could potentially be referring to a CHARACTERISTIC of this person, not necessarily their literal Name? Or are we calling on a wrong name? Could a "sham" potentially mean a DESIGNATION or a MARK of one's nature?
Looking back at the Name mentioned in Jeremiah 23, despite these questions, who is being esteemed here? YAHUAH! Yahuah is the righteousness. Yahuah is the salvation and He truly dwelt with us in the flesh.
Where is the connection to Yahusha since 'Yahusha' is not mentioned here? Let us continue.
"The Branch", which is understood to be pointing to Mashiach, is prophesied of in both Jeremiah, Zechariah, and even Isaiah! (See Isaiah 4:2; Jeremiah 23; Zechariah 6)
Consider how many witnesses there are! (We know by Turah that two or three witnesses establish a matter. Consider these trustworthy witnesses) Take a look at all these passages concerning The Branch and what Names are given to Him. Here's a perfect example:
Zechariah 3:8 and 9. YAHUAH even reveals that Yahusha and His men are men of SYMBOL! Yahusha, especially, is the one associated with The Branch's Name! Let us also consider that in Zechariah 6:12 Mashiach's "sham"/name is "The Branch". Does this mean that His Name is 'The Branch' or is this possibly a name of symbology, being metaphorical of one who will "spring up out of His place"? [Zech. 6:12]
'Amanual' has only the witness of two passages in Isaiah and one in Matthew. That's ONE witness in the Tanak (Isaiah) while there are THREE witnesses in the Tanak pointing that The Branch is Mashiach, (Jeremiah, Zechariah, and even Isaiah!) Was Isaiah contradicting himself, or is it possible that our interpretation is off?
Now, as to how "Amanual"-users want to interpret the connection between the Isaiah 'Amanual' and the Matthew 'Amanual' that is just that.
An interpretation.
As is mine, with many witnesses of the same interpretation (not that the biggest crowd is always right, yet even so) proclaiming that Yahusha is Mashiach's Name, fulfilling that His Name would mean 'Yahuah is with us'. YAHUsha. Yahuah is salvation. This man who was essentially Yahuah in the flesh proclaimed salvation while dwelling among humanity.
On a sidenote, the Yad, Ha, Uu (first three letters of YAHUAH's Name) happen to be the first three letters of Yahusha's Name! Fulfilling that He "comes in the Name of His Father". Interesting!
I can be repetitive and continue to regurgitate my points hoping that the whole world believes me, but is it not written that those with ears to hear will hear? If you do not have ears, yet I continue to yell at you, am I not wasting my time?
As with many truths on this walk, seeking to esteem Yahuah's Name and His Turah, is not the mission of all. Even many others who study the Scriptures will not grow ears for the Word of Yahuah. The sheep know the shepherd's voice. Those who hear the call, yet do not heed it, simply are not of Him.
To be clear, I am not saying that "Amanual"-users are not of His flock, because who am I to make such an accusation?
Yahuah is to be esteemed! May it be so.
Shabbath Shalum, beloved ones of Yasharal.
I thought this was well written. Perhaps it's my misunderstanding in how I interpreted something here. I'll explain as clearly as I am able. When you say Yahuah in the flesh, I perceive this an an incarnation and that's not scriptural. I can understand Yahusha has the Spirit of His Father within Him. After all He is the living spoken word, The Torah. I just wanted to clarify how I read this explanation. Yahuah' s spirit dwells within me, and that does not say I am Yahuah in the flesh. So am I understanding you now with my explanation as written?
ReplyDeleteI thought this was well written. Perhaps it's my misunderstanding in how I interpreted something here. I'll explain as clearly as I am able. When you say Yahuah in the flesh, I perceive this an an incarnation and that's not scriptural. I can understand Yahusha has the Spirit of His Father within Him. After all He is the living spoken word, The Torah. I just wanted to clarify how I read this explanation. Yahuah' s spirit dwells within me, and that does not say I am Yahuah in the flesh. So am I understanding you now with my explanation as written?
ReplyDelete