"You heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those cursing you, do good to those hating you, and pray for those insulting you and persecuting you so that you become sons of your Father in the heavens. Because He makes His sun rise on the wicked and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those loving you, what reward have you? Are the tax collectors not doing the same too? And if you greet your brothers only, what do you do more? Are the tax collectors not doing so too?
Therefore, be perfect as your Father in the heavens is perfect. " -Yahusha (Matt. 5:43-48)
I work in retail. It is, of course, not an excuse... but you get to see some truly disgusting sides of people when having to interact with them in a shopping environment. I'm in America, for the time being, and there are people from many walks of life who come through my store's doors. Every individual is my neighbor, but how many of them are my enemies? There are certainly some who act like enemies and as I face them on a near-daily basis, there are moments where it is difficult to remember how enemies are supposed to be treated. I also wonder who sees me as an enemy due to my actions? As we go about our lives, misunderstandings will happen and intentions may be misconstrued; sometimes, even to the degree to spawn hate. What seeds of hate do we plant unknowingly? Blinded by our intentions and individual point of view, who do we foster to become our enemy as we make mistakes or even as we sin? Who do we declare our enemies because they have a different point of view, serve other gods, or obey different commandments? Love, bless, and pray for your enemy. Love, bless, and pray. Simple words to read and yet difficult words to act out.
Fellow people seeking Yahuah in Yahusha's Name, do not let the hate consume you. Be encouraged to be the peculiar people who love, bless, and pray for the people who curse, hate, insult and persecute you. It is our charge and duty to do so! Today, I pray to have this desire and strength renewed in me as I rest and prepare to face another week dealing with the many kinds of neighbors, friends and foes, out in the world. May it be refreshed in you who desire it as well, in Yahusha's Name! שבת שלום
No comments:
Post a Comment