Amy, my former Psych professor, said once that there's this mirror neuron in the brain that causes humans to mirror what another human is doing once seen wiht our sight. For example, you see another yawning or scratching your nose, it's likely that you too will do the same. I saw some guy stop to scratch his hair while on my way to work. I too did the same. I'll catch myself and say 'mirror neuron..' In my experience, it doesn't work all the time, but there is some truth to it. It's interesting to catch me slipping. It's as if I'm becoming more aware about a function that was previously lingering in the subconscious. And with more attention and focus, I am gaining more control of what my body would do without my actual and conscious impulse to action.
In other news,
I'm in a weird place. I'm being stretched.
Juggling my time and priorities.
Looks like this'll be going on my entire life.
I'm not trying to complain, just noting.
I think I'm doing pretty good so far.
I regret losing a recent love, but it's for a greater good.
One that sucks a bit for both parties, but in the long run will work out in our favor more than if we continued.
Another thing Prof. Amy talked about was how the human brain develops with time. She mentioned how our thinking process shifts as we live on through life. The child phase, the teenage phase, the young adult phase, the adult phase, the late adult phase, and then beyond that. My firsthand experience with this notion totally matches. And it is unfortunate that even when you warn those younger of you about the consequences of their action, it seems as if it is a useless act.
But is that love to know that someone is headed down a road of sorrow and not do anything to turn them around, presenting them with some other route?
I imagine there would be several answers from my fellow sapien.
My answer, I'm gona try and turn you around regardless.
Even if it's useless, what if there was some freak-of-nature chance that out of all that I did, a tiny fragment of my aid helped a tiny moment of sorrow on that road.
I'm down to throw that rope. I'd hope someone would do the same for me.
That's all it is.
Putting myself in the place of the fellow sapien and doing what I would want done for myself to others.
Didn't expect to come to this, but truly that's a filter I live my life through.
Making sure that I'm always trying to do what I wish someone would do for me.
Maybe it's not rewarding in the royalties sense, but it's rewarding in the sense that I am being successful in my desire to make this world a better place.
Even if it's suuuper local and a suuuper miniscule difference, it's a difference nonetheless and that's more action of positivity than the spew of what is common in this society.
I'm hungry. Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment