Saturday, September 10, 2011

Commands, Laws, Instructions, Teachings, and Their Worth..

What is the greatest command?
Wait. What?
There are two?

Here I am quoting what is written in the scroll of Mattithyahu, otherwise known as Matthew.
Chapter 22, Verses 36 to 40 read:

"Teacher, which is the great command in the Torah?"
And Yahusha said to him, "You shall love Yahuah your Eloah with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your mind." (Here Yahusha was quoting the Torah; particularly Debarim/Deuteronomy 6:5)
"This is the first and greatest command.
And the second is like it,
'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' " (Here He quotes Torah again Wayyiqra/Leviticus 19:18)
"On these two commands hang all the Torah and the Prophets."


Okay, the second one is quite straight-forward, love your neighbors as yourself.
Whatever I am willing to do for myself, I should be willing to do for my neighbor.
If I am willing to go to a nice restaurant, maybe I should be willing to take my neighbor out to a nice restaurant.
If I enjoy getting the best seat in a movie theater, maybe I should be willing to give up my favorite seat to my neighbor.
(Confused about this word Torah? It is a Hebrew word that means "teaching", "instruction", or "law".
In Scripture, the term "Torah" refers to the first five books of Scripture:
Bereshith/ Genesis, 
Shemoth/Exodus, 
Wayyiqra/ Leviticus, 
Bemidbar/ Numbers, and 
Debarim/Deuteronomy.
These books include the famous Ten Commands found in Shemoth Chapter 20.)


Now touching on the first of the two greatest commands:
Does the order matter?
Yahusha ha Mashiach, the epitome of human perfection, purposely gave the two greatest commands in such an order.
Because of this, we should look VERY deeply into what this greatest command is. Why?? Well, to become the chosen, the elect who will be granted an eternity without suffering!

Hazon/Revelation Chapter 22 Verse 14 reads:
"Blessed are those doing His commands, so that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of life, and to enter through the gates into the city."

For a world in which Scripturally-based religions exist and dominate the world, much attention should be paid on these "Commands". Apparently, the adherence to this Law is a pre-requisite for entering into the New Yerushalayim and taking of the Tree of Life that grants eternal life.

Evidence that the Tree of Life gives that eternally can be found in Bereshith/Genesis 3:22;
"And Yahuah Eloah said, "See, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.
And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever..."


Let's return to the greatest command and think about this.
Remember the GREATEST command is:


"You shall love YAHUAH your Eloah with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your mind."


If you are doing ANYTHING short of this, you are failing at the greatest command ever given by our Creator!

I pose a question to those who seek the Most High, Yahuah El Shaddai.

With how much of yourself are you loving the Most High and seeking to do His will?

May your answer be a witness against you, whether it is answered by the lips of your mouth or the voice of your heart.




"In this My Father is esteemed, that you bear much fruit, and you shall be My taught ones.
As the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you. 
Stay in My love.
If you guard My commands, you shall stay in My love, 
even as I have guarded My Father's commands and stay in His love."
Yohanan/John 15:8-10



"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 
So then, by their fruits you shall know them -
Not everyone who says to Me,
'Master, Master,' shall enter into the reign of the heavens,
but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens.
Many shall say to Me in that day,
'Master, Master
have we not prophesied in Your Name,
and cast out demons in Your Name,
and done many mighty works in Your Name?
And then I shall declare to them,
'I never knew you,
depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!'
Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine,
 and does them,
shall be like a wise man
who built his house on the rock,"
Mattithyahu/Matthew 7:19-24



"And He said to Him, "Why do you call Me good? 
No one is good except One - Eloah.
But if you wish to enter into life,
guard the commands."
Mattithyahu/Matthew 19:17



"Then Yahusha cried out and said,
'He who believes in Me, believes not in Me
but in Him who sent Me.
And he who sees Me
sees Him who sent me.
I have come as a light into the world,
so that no one who believes in Me should stay in darkness.
And if anyone hears My Words but does not watch over them,
I do not judge him.
For I did not come to judge the world
but to save the world.
He who rejects Me, and does not receive My Words, 
has one who judges him:
the Word that I have spoken shall judge him in the last day.
Because I spoke not from Myself,
but the Father who sent Me has given Me a command,
what I should say and what I should speak.
And I know that His command is everlasting life.
Therefore whatever I speak,
as the Father has said to Me, so I speak.' "
Yohanan/John 12:44-50

No comments:

Post a Comment