Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Search For Truth (Part One)

So this is a FB exchange of letters concerning a friend of mine who is a locally renowned Christian speaker concerning my questioning of the Xian doctrine. Here is the exchange for the sake of examining truth Comments are welcomed:


Harrie Trotman September 17 at 1:38am
I have heard you speak and heard much about how many look up to you spiritually. As someone who once served in a similar way, I must ask what is the name of your deity?

GB September 17 at 2:31pm 
hi harrie..why are you talking to me like im a stranger silly! lol...how are you? i hope you're doing well!!!!....my deity ehhh?....are you referring to God's name...as in YHWH?...or..the fact that i call God "God"...i understand that you don't consider youself a christian and that you have become enlightened in serveral aspects..especially in regard to names...tell me about that...what do you know? :)

Harrie Trotman September 17 at 8:53pm
:) My apologies, but in recent days I have been at odds with everyone I know and have loved. (Very Matt. 10:36 like) And in no other time in my life have I been closer to my Creator.
And yes, I was curious what your answer would be.
I know you went to a bible university and wondered what your view was.
Well, I must first say that the only reason my heart was softened to the idea of surrendering myself to a power beyond me was learning about a bunch of potentially true revelations of conspiracy against the masses using nearly all means of information traffic.
I've had time to sift out the untrue with the to-be-determined, but in the end it did two huge things: revealed to me how the devil really does rule this world pushing me towards my Creator in hopes to be a potent weapon against the enemy's ways and second open my mind to double-checking everything. Making sure my beliefs were founded on as solid ground as possible.

I'm sure you know about how one spiritually matures and how things are learned, then unlearned, replaced with new revelations of truth, and so forth.

Well, in my walk...I too prayed to "God", at first not accepting alleged son. I prayed to him to reveal to me if "Jesus" was truly his son. By quiet providence, I came to believe because he showed me in a unique way. But the revealing never ceased after that huge life transformation. To make a long story shorter, today I have been allowed the understanding of another conspiracy concerning the people of the Creator.
Historical and Scriptural evidence have removed my shadows of doubts concerning this conspiracy, which by definition is a plot devised for evil intent by more than one individual.

It's no surprise to me that the masses have been molded to dismiss anything attached to the word: conspiracy. I too was once on the other side of this dreamland.
Anyway, what I know:
I know that my Creator is omnipotent and therefore does everything for a profoundly perfect reason.
I know He chose a particular people, in a particular land, using a particular language, revealing Himself in very particular ways.
I know He paid attention to detail. To the thoughts of ppl's hearts and to their unspoken intentions.
I know that when He, (assuming the stories of Scripture are all true and literal) spoke to Mosheh in a voice heard by that man's ears in the language, Hebrew, that He understood.
I know He revealed a name to them and that MANY times in Scripture, including in the 10 Words (popularly Commandments) , He urged His people to hold His Name in reverence and never for slandering, misuse, or ruin.
I know He sent a Son that was sent in His Name.
I know that the names "God" and "Jesus Christ" were not these names.
I know that His Son, did not do away with the Law (in Hebrew "the Torah")
I know The Torah written by Mosheh was the very same Torah given to Mosheh by the Almighty One.
I know that the Son did not come to destroy the Torah, but instead fulfilled and kept every single one.
I know in Scripture we are asked to uphold these even to this day in the leading example of His Son.
I know that what He did do away with was the sacrificial offerings for breaking these laws, but not the laws themselves.
I know that His disciples AFTER His ascension were still upholding Torah.
I know sometime after that, no one other than man of his own will decided that we don't have to follow the example of any of the prophets or the Son of our Creator when it comes to the Torah and using the true names of the Father and Son.

I have more Scripture recorded backing up this revelation than Scripture that say that the Torah is no more and this is what frightens me. All my family and friends, alive and dead, who follow the ways of lawlessness in Christianity, like I once did, MUST be in error if the evidence of Scripture is true.

So many have thought that I am merely concerned about names, but this goes MUCH deeper. I can only hope this will test what you preach and hold as truth. We can only benefit from such testing. Even in the popular rendering "Yahweh" it is popular for a reason, and also a false, but close rendering of the Master's name. But this has become too lengthy. I can not go into such a profound subject without being thorough and even still there is much evidence I have not provided here, but mostly things I have found.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

At first, I asked Eder about meeting with you because it scared me to think that I have something I think is truth but it would make millions of people false so naturally, I thought myself in error and hoped to get your insight. I saw that the Most High was sufficient for providing understanding and conviction and even moreso evidence affirming this truth to be sound. At this point, I only hope to see if what has been revealed to me stands up against what those who also study Scripture know. I truly hope that if there is a gaping hole in my logic that it would be made known to me that I may be corrected.
Again, I really do apologize for this length. Smh, but there's no other way to come close to fully answering, "what do you know?"

In peace,
Har

GB September 18 at 9:30pm 
well you know a lot :)...and may i ask before I let you know what I know....what is christanity and what do christians believe?

Harrie Trotman September 19 at 12:42am
I only know what has been revealed to me as of late. Slowly had to find out what was manmade tradition and what truly was of the Father.

To my understanding of being a pastor's son, Christianity is a religion in which they serve God and Jesus Christ and the holy spirit as a trinity. They believe that Jesus Christ died for their sins enabling them access to the kingdom of heaven as long as they believe that he died for them. They also believe that he did away with the laws of Moses because they are now under grace. They believe in loving the neighbor as their self and that there will be a rapture to occur before the Tribulation that will gather them to heaven or the place of refuge. They believe (or at least in my church the given understanding was) that when we die we go to heaven or hell after being judged according to our life.

But each denomination of Christianity (being thousands of them) have their own niche where they believe certain things and abide by particular manmade modifications and devices...to answer your questions.

I believe the term Christian came from the greek term christanos which meant "smeared ones" and was used by those other than those following The Way as a derogatory term. Eventually it was assimilated and embraced in later generations.

GB September 20 at 12:53am 
can you give me a few of the scriptural references that you have found that back up what you have feel has been revealed to you? sorry i ask so many questions..its just that I want to get a good understanding of where you are coming from :)

Harrie Trotman September 20 at 1:23pm
No no, totally understood.
To let you know I was once using the NKJV, but am now using "The Scriptures" by the Institute for Scripture Research. This link gives some info on it. (http://www.isr-messianic.org/pubs/the_scriptures.shtml)
Doing my studies, since I do not know much of Hebrew, I was seeking a translation that would be closer to an authentic reading of Scripture. I really hope to learn the language one day and read some Hebrew Scripture to shed light on any details lost in translation, but I do believe that most of the important concepts of Scripture can be grasp in our popular translations.

Okay, now to answer your question:

A major one:
-Matt. 5:17-20. I know that at that time, there was no NT that He taught from and I've found that where Messiah is referring to "the law" he is specifically referring to "the Torah and the Prophets" a term used for pre-Messianic Scriptures. (Not to insult ur intelligence, I imagine you know this info..but just in case)

-Matt. 7:21-23 I never fully understood this Scripture until I considered Torah. Without laws, there is no "lawlessness".

-Rev. 22:14 Again, here this book was written (to my knowledge) BEFORE the publication of the NT...so it leads that the "commands" spoken of in this verse are the commands given from Yah Himself.

-Hebrews 10:26-28 I must note that at one point, I was extremely skeptic of Shaul/Paul's writings but have been enlightened in my understanding that he too was of Yah. Anyway, this passage refers to "the Torah of Mosheh" written in "The Scriptures".

another major one
-1 John 2:1-8 Here, it explains how Yahushua HaMashiach is our intercessor for our sins but the opening statement is urging those of the Way to not sin. The commands are the Words of Yah. It is recorded that Mosheh/Moses literally heard the voice of Yah, was in His presence, saw His figure, and gave what he was told to the Yisraelites. His Word and Commands are both those that Yah gave verbally and written down by His finger and the Word He gave in the flesh of Yahushua who manifested Yah in the imperfect human form but of course knew His Ways and performed them perfectly, not nullifying the Torah, and being a blameless and perfect sacrifice for mankind that the former sacrifices were trying to be, but could never measure up to.

later...
-1 John 5 This begins b y talking about how the Commands of Yah are what help us overcome the ways of this world. In my time following Torah, I have experienced first-hand how this is true. No longer is the line between righteousness and unrighteousness blurry. I can clearly see when and where I am and was in error and how the Almighty One has been so patient and merciful with me.

-John 15:9-15 Here Yahushua explains how He has guarded the Commands of His Father and how all His Father's commands, He has made known to His taught ones/disciples. On top of that, but NOT in place of, He asks to also follow His commands as well which completely coincide and go along with His Father's.

I have more that I can give, but these are a few. I seriously have, in my notebook, pages of Scriptural references to different topics concerning all the new things I have been learning in the Spirit. I have never cared so much to read Scripture until recently and I've seen how much I've changed after praying to be a warrior for Him. I specifically said in my prayer that I wanted Him to take control and use this body, that I relinquish my free will. I am aware I still can make the choice to sin, but try my best not to at all times. Only He can make such an impact and it has been a gradually 'ranking up' i'd say. I go through trials, I learn, I sin, He reproves, and I become stronger. May you be well.

Shalom

GB September 23 at 11:24am 
ohh okay...and just one more thing...who are people worshipping when they worship "God" and how did you come up with your reasoning?

Harrie Trotman September 23 at 7:27pm
I believe that ppl who are genuinely seeking our Creator are serving Yah. And knowing He is merciful, I believe He is fine with people trying to do this and that for Him in ignorance UP TO A POINT. Just like with me, I started with little knowledge of how to truly serve Him, and gradually He has been drawing me closer. I had little instinctive vibes throughout my whole life of things that stuck out as strange to me, particularly in Xianity. Things like Xmas being on Dec. 25th, how the OT never made sense to me and if it was useless, why was it in the bible, and then the whole 'sacrament' thing of the wine and bread.

Now with more knowledge I simply see that there are too many holes in the Xian doctrine that forced me to seperate from it b/c it was hindering me from making sense of Scripture. Now I read through the Word, and from cover to cover things totally click together and harmonize. Like tithing. How is it that there is tithing in the Xian church which is talked about in the OT (and not at all in the way that it is practiced today) but then other things of the OT are "done away with." Matthew 23, Yahushua CLEARLY points out that we shouldn't have clergy that are above us in title and yet tradition once again supercedes Scripture in the Xian body. Idk how Xian's try to follow "Christ" but ignore the very same moral code that He abided by. The one He came in person to show how to live out. His whole point was that we weren't following laws and being saved through our physical obedience. He required from us an inner change, and the outside would simply reflect the "inside of the cup." Now everywhere I see, it is the doctrine, the tradition, and the feeble understanding of man that has tried to change things when we should simply not doubt what Scripture says and abide by Yah's way. We may not always understand why He wants us to do some things, but He does, and I love Him enough to let that be enough for me.

After reading through the Torah, I found that those breaking His covenant had curses placed on them. It just so happens that these curses are still in effect today and it is, among other things, sad to see it happening.
I think Xianity has already made it's way around the world, and Yahushua said when the Good News was spread across the globe, the end would come. I think that the Truth that is going to spread around is the dispelling of the religions crafted by the enemy that continually have been deceiving Yah's ppl. Many will reject it and few will accept. But I don't think I will be the only one speaking about these matters in coming days. I've already heard whispers of others waking up to similar revelations and daily I pray to be sharpened and steered away from untruth. He has not led me away from Torah thus far, in fact, He's been speaking to me even louder in His way especially when being obedient to Him. I realize we are all on our own paths, but whatever I have said I hope you do not simply disregard, but at least investigate. It broke my heart at first to realize that for me to continue where I was being led, I had to let go of those that were not understanding where I was going. I had to let go of much of the life that I was brought up in although CLOSE to the Truth. I had to repent twice. First from that which I knew just wasn't morally sound based on my conscience. Then I repented of what I learned to KNOW as wrong by a clearly defined lined drawn in Scripture. Only then was I able to look back and see how Yah was giving me hints of where He wanted me to be all along.

TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment