Saturday, October 23, 2010

Shabbat learnings!

Point blank:

I must make note of a very relevant correction.
NOT YahushUa, but YahuSHA.

Although, the lengthened form of the man who was the successor to Moshe's name was Yahushua, the man known as THE BRANCH whose name was the same as Messiah had the name Yahusha.

Apparently, the SHA and SHUA have different meanings.
Yahushua would mean something like Yah is rich/crying out while Yahusha would mean Yah is Salvation.

I chose the Yahushua form, previously knowing about both of these renderings as addressing the man who led Yisrael into the Promised Land after Moshe's death, only because I thought it was the most formal..the shortened form being for convenience's sake or something. This lengthened form, to my understanding is used twice addressing that "Joshua" while 216 other times it is used in the form "Yahusha". Yes, maybe it would have been better to side with what was used most of the time, but considering He is my High Priest and King, I just figured the full title was more appropriate, but to learn that the SHUA changes the meaning of His name, I have decided to continue with switching my preference of reverence to YahuSHA.

Halleluyah for correction.

Who knows what else I'm wrong about, other than the Most High?
May You continue to guide this unworthy servant ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment