Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Ocean

The ocean, the sea
You are like this to me
You push and you pull
And my heart now is full
Much blood has been pumping
It aches in its thumping
And I'm starting to see
Maybe we shouldn't be
I shouldn't be thinking
And wishfully speaking
Of love that could be
When you've no love for me
Maybe that of a brother
Or a friend like some other
But the love that I seek
Both true and meek
May not rest in your chest
To claim me as your best
It's as if you're bored
Of being adored
I writhe in my sick
My fever of thick
And genuine love
Known first from above.
To only be friends
I fight and contend
I yearn to be more
Than ever before
I get lost in my dreams
Of things that could be
For that key to your heart
That I lost from our start
And I fear that I lack
The way to get it back.
I drown, I can't swim
Just flailing my limbs
As I crash in your sea 
Both lovely and deep
You do welcome some ships
In whom you find bliss
I'm aware of their hull
Above my skull
As I'm sinking down
Slowly I drown
Eyes set to the surface
I'm losing on purpose
Cuz there's no hope for me
In your ocean, your sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment