The holidays I've grown to know are no longer mine, including my birthday.
Let this be my first typed out confession of this matter.
I am declaring my relinquishing of those former matters.
"Thanksgiving" - Is this food sacrificed to idols? I don't really think so, but I'm not going out of my way to support this holiday.
Xmas - Not buying presents, not giving gifts. Will receive gifts, but hopefully won't get any. I aim to let everyone know b4 all this Xmas spirit gets all insane red and green. Anyway, it'll be a good time to speak up about my thoughts on such a holiday.
My birthday - Ima do my best to keep away from all people so that I don't get any birthday greetings. I need not to have this day celebrated knowing that it was not a custom of my Master.
Misc. holidays - Shove off.
WHY?
The only "holidays" I want to be celebrating are those of the Most High. There are 7 (i believe) feast days, moedim, "holidays", appointed times, High Sabbaths set apart by the Father commemorating various times and events that are extremely important to all those who are of Yah's chosen people of Yisrael, the grafted in AND the natural branches. But can we truly carry out these days although no longer having an earthly temple and no longer having to make animal offerings? What of the calendar? What was the Hebrew calendar like and is the ancient one the same as the one the poser-Yisraelite Jews use? The place where Yah placed His name is commonly known as Jerusalem. Are we to go there even in this time? As I study and learn further about what would be the most correct way to go about the moedim of Yah, to play it safe, I do not celebrate them at all, except for the weekly Sabbath (the instructions for this day is quite clear). In respect to my Love, I also do not celebrate these inferior holidays. For the most part, these days are of sinister and pagan origins and go against what is taught from the lips of the Most High and His Messiah themselves!
Although unnecessary to do because Yah already knows my heart concerning these things, this is for a record and witness to fellow humans.
No comments:
Post a Comment