Monday, November 29, 2010

Last Night Slash This Morning

Talked to a friend I thought had died last night.
Apparently, they aren't dead...for the time being.
It was a  sad and riveting conversation.

And I realized something...I've been doing too much.

People complain too much.
Especially about the state of other humans. You know what the solution is?
"Be the change you want to see in the world." I forget who said that originally, but it is a wise quote from a fellow human.
I have to be the nice, loving person I am because I want to see and meet more of those people.
I hope I rub off on people and encourage them to love and make the world better one person at a time.
My goal is to better this world, because for the moment...it's the only one I can live in and it sucks!
If I have offspring, I hope their world is a hundred times better than this one.

The further I live, the more people I meet, the more evident it is that even my generation feels the displeasure that burns within me. Some either choose to destroy the world and themselves; some seek to remodel it and make it better by various means, and some just float on thru the world hopeless and feeling helpless.
For those without the courage to keep a lifted spirit as we traverse this wretched landscape, I offer only encouragement, for that is all I can do. The action taken is then left in their hands.

Singling you out:
There is one who I have grown to love, because of her eyes.
She sees the world for its shallowness and plague of frivolity.
Her eyes were what my eyes once were, and I know that is why she stands out in my mind.
But currently, in a state where the world around her is hostile and negative, i imagine it difficult for even her to keep from being overwhelmed.
In turn, none can be trusted and to destroy seems easier than to create and build.
This reached me enough to want to give up and take back my hand of friendship, camaraderie, and understanding love.
While there is a mass of people in the same state, although I do not have a massive amount of arms, I DO have two that I have been given. I look not at the impossible task, but the very possible one of loving an individual as I love myself, one person at a time.
I no none else to say other than, I won't let my humanity be an excuse for giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment